RFID Library Management System
The use of RFID-systems for the automation of libraries is actively developed all over the world and allows to effectively support the support of all its processes. Systems that were used for these purposes earlier, at the moment, no longer meet the modern needs of both the libraries themselves and their readers.
Marking the library fund with RFID tags and using special readers allows you to monitor the circulation of books inside the library building, quickly find the right instance among others. The use of special self-service stations and electronic library tickets allows readers to independently hand over and receive books, simplifies the work of librarians and eliminates errors in the process of accepting / issuing books.
Complexes of preservation and accounting of library collections include special anti-theft gates used to exclude the risk of unauthorized removal of books. The system can be supplemented with hinged readers, installed at the exit from the reading room or from the library building.
When trying to unauthorized removal of a book with an RFID tag, the gate notifies the library staff with a visual and audible signal.
The RFID automation system in the library has a number of undeniable advantages over the bar coding technology.
- Reduce the impact of the human factor on operations
- Exclude the possibility of erroneous identification
Increase the speed of service for library / fund visitors, both by increasing the speed of work of library staff, and by introducing self-service stations
- Reduce the time of inventory
- To ensure the preservation of the book fund against theft and spoilage
- Make the process of moving books inside and outside the fund as transparent as possible
- Promptly arrange the arrangement of exhibits in accordance with the requirements of libraries